Large 2-stroke crosshead diesel engines (bore diameter 350 – 960 mm) on container vessels, oil & gas tankers and bulk carriers require huge amounts of lubricating oil, resulting in high operating costs and emissions.
To meet this challenge, SKF has developed the fully electronically controlled SKF Cylinder Lubrication System CLU 4 and CLU5.
The guide feed rate for large two-stroke diesel engines with the new developed CLU4 and CLU5 cylinder lubrication system is appr. 0,8 g/kWh of cylinder lubricating oil (CLO).
The traditional cylinder lubricating systems requires settings between 1,1 – 1,6 g/KWh.
Reduced CLO consumption leading to reduction of total operation costs
- Precise injection and timing of CLO into piston ring package
- Accurate metering of CLO to achieve potential savings
- Less deposits built up due to reduced lubrication
- Reduction in solid particle emissions due to reduced lube oil consumption means that the consumption can go down by 30 – 50% after the engine has been retrofitted
Service of the lubrication system can be carried out whilst the engine is running.
The benefits of this type of intelligent lubrication systems are evident when taking the example of an oversees container ship with a 65600 kW engine:
When traveling normally between continents, the 12-cylinder two-stroke engine uses 450,000 lit of lubrication oil per year.
When using SKF Cylinder Lubrication System, a saving of approximately 135,000 lit is achieved per year, which is about 30%.
Just the oil savings themselves mean the lubrication system pays for itself as early as in the first year of operation.
SKF has developed a series of modular lubrication systems for load-dependent lubrication of cylinders in 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines as well as small pumps for inlet valve seat lubrication for 4-stroke engines.
This leading SKF technology is often selected from your engine maker as standard solution.
The right lubricant quantity at the right time. SKF lubrication systems for industrial applications provide the appropriate lubrication quantity at the correct intervals, minimizing friction and wear and optimizing bearing and machinery service life.
Designed to lubricate individual machines or complete plants, SKF lubrication systems provide proper, precise lubricant replenishment to all required points, enabling a range of benefits in the process:
• Significant savings in repair and spare costs
• Increased machine reliability
• Up to 50% savings in lubricant costs due to accurate timing and dosing of lubricants
• Fewer shutdowns and production losses
• Reduced environmental impact
• Greater workers’ safety
- Items in Stock, Worldwide Shipment, Reliability, Fast Delivery
- Attractive Prices, Quality, Expertise, Professional
- 365 Days and 24/7 Service, Experience, Marine Expert